Art and craft have always been the source of restoration and relief for the people. The importance and existence of painting can be imagined from the fact that people have been painting pictures of themselves since the stone age. Most of the people in the world might not know Leonardo da Vinci but they are familiar with his masterpiece Mona Lisa, a picture worth over $600 Million.
There are many others like Van Gogh and Picasso who became a legend and will live forever in the form of their exceptional work.
Even in the electronic age, people still prefer painted pictures to digital ones. Painting a picture brings a sense of peace, stresslessness, and comfort. Painting is not an easy task. Hiring some professional painter can cost you a lot of money. But with progress in technology many new and cheaper methods have come to the surface.
Paint by Numbers is a very good source to convert your digital picture into a hand-painted picture. Just log in to the appropriate site and upload the picture you want to convert into a painting. They will draw a sketch of the picture on the canvas.
Sketch contains the numbers matching the painting kit. They provide the best color selection according to the provided picture. All you have to do is paint the picture according to the numbers and voila. Your picture is ready.
Another easier method is also available. For that, you will be needing:
- A canvas
- Gel medium/Mod Podge
- Picture of your choice
- Scrub Sponge
- Mod Podge
After assembling all the tools it’s time to transfer your picture on the canvas.
- Take a canvas and apply the gel medium on it evenly leaving no dry spot.
- Place and press your picture face down on the canvas.
- Use a credit card or a resembling device and smooth out the picture leaving no bubbles.
- Leave it for about 12 hours.
- After the picture is dried up soak the sponge in the water and rub it on the picture.
- Keep on rubbing gradually until all of the paper is removed.
- Now add a thin layer of Mod Podge for everlasting effect.
There you have it, a beautiful masterpiece of your own making. A memoir of your good times.